Habits of Successful People
You may have heard that there are effective habits of successful people, but when is the last time you practiced those habits in your own life? Can you agree that we often get so caught up in the everyday routine, that we tend to lose sight of our ultimate goals and the steps we need to take to reach them? Here are some positive habits you may want to try out:
- Successful people visualize their dreams, make plans, and take daily action toward their goals. They see their dreams clearly and with certainty. They are not merely spectators of life, but are consciously creating their realities. While they are not necessarily more talented than others, they find ways to maximize their potential. They get more out of themselves and use what they have more effectively. They are not easily distracted from their goals.
- Successful people desire to live extraordinary lives. They look for and find opportunities where others see nothing. They ask the right questions – the ones that put them in a productive, creative, positive state of mind, and they do things that most won’t and don’t. They take calculated risks – financial, emotional, professional, psychological. They don’t place blame, but take complete responsibility for their actions and outcomes (or lack of outcomes).
- Successful people read a lot. They are lifelong learners, and are constantly educating themselves in various ways, such as reading, watching, listening, asking, taking courses, and learning from their own successes and failures.
- Successful people are busy, productive and proactive. They don’t procrastinate or wait for their ‘lucky break’ and they don’t spend their lives waiting for the ‘perfect time’ to start something. They take consistent action, whether they feel like it or not, and learn as they go along. They have tapped into their source of inner strength and discipline and they are happy to take the road less travelled.
- Successful people surround themselves with like-minded people. They spend less time with people who say they shouldn’t follow their dreams, and they spend more time with people who believe in them and encourage them. They have identified their core values and have a generous and grateful attitude. Successful people dream big and strive to live to their full potential.
- Successful people take care of their health. They eat nutritious foods, drink lots of water, manage their stress levels, and are physically active every day. The benefits of a healthy lifestyle include: higher energy level, greater ability to focus and maintain a positive outlook, increased creativity, better mood, sharper memory recall, improved sleep, reduced risk of chronic diseases, and the list goes on and on.
- Successful people live each day as if it were the last. They make the most out of each moment. Life is short, and can never be fully lived when our minds are either stuck in the past or worrying about the future. That’s not to say that you should never think of the past or the future. Sometimes, you need to spend time making peace with aspects of the past in order to move forward. In the same vein, it is important to have dreams about your future. The real living, however, is in the now, and bringing your attention back to the present can be a powerful way of releasing regrets and stopping yourself from worrying about the future.
The key to a successful life starts in your mind and attitude, and carries through to your daily activities. All people have habits. If you are ready to start getting great results in life, how about getting rid of your ineffective dead-end habits, and replacing them with the highly effective habits of successful people?
We invite you to choose one habit to let go of today – and choose one new habit to start. People are more likely to follow-through with intentions when they write them down, so now is your chance to take that step for yourself. Leave a comment to declare which specific habits you are committed to stopping and starting today on the road to your success.
-MaryLet's Keep In Touch...