Do you ever find yourself waiting for situations in your life to get better so you can feel better? Do you ever find yourself thinking you’ll be happier as soon as you achieve certain goals or get certain things? Do you see your everyday ‘stresses’ as weighing you down and limiting your chances to succeed?
What if someone told you that the only thing holding you back is yourself and the way you are thinking – that in order to change your circumstances, you must first change your thoughts? It all boils down to training yourself to look for the positive and the opportunity in everything. Yes, this is easier said than done, but with practice, one step at a time, you can get there. Here are some valuable ideas to help you find and harness the power of positive thinking within yourself.
- Believe that a positive attitude is a choice. Different people can view the same situation, and yet, everyone will see something different. Some will see the worst aspects of whatever it is, while others will see the areas where possibility and potential exist. Even if you find yourself feeling negative about something, you always have the choice, at any given moment, to change your mindset and see it in a new light.
- Believe in yourself. Successful people start with a deep inner belief that they are capable of significant achievement or that they have something special to contribute. Take time to imagine yourself achieving your goals. How will you feel? What will your life look like? Where will you live? As your mind becomes more and more accustomed to this picture of your desired life, it will help you take the necessary steps toward achieving it.
- Get rid of negativity. When doubts, fears and worries creep into your thoughts, use positive self-talk to overcome them. Talk back to your doubts with phrases such as, ” Solutions come easily to me. I will find the perfect answer. Everything works out for the best. I will learn what I need to learn and then move on.”
- Practice gratitude. One of the easiest ways to become more positive is to express gratitude. Make a list of things you are grateful for, and you’ll find your negativity slipping away. Gratitude puts you in touch with feelings of love, appreciation and kindness – all positive mindsets. With an attitude of gratitude, you will find yourself seeing more goodness in others and yourself.
- Meditate. Meditation is a powerful way to bring your mind, body and soul into alignment. Through meditation, you can learn to release negative emotions that are holding you back, and connect with your internal guidance system. Meditation will help you find and stay in a positive energy state where you are able to see possibilities and solutions in challenging situations. If you are new to meditation, simply find a quiet place to sit, close your eyes, focus on your breathing – in and out – and feel yourself relaxing. Just a few minutes of meditation every day can make a difference in your life.
In the words of Winston Churchill, “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
Positive people don’t just have a good day – they make a good day! For more ideas on how to be positive and successful, check out this article: Habits of Successful People
-MaryLet's Keep In Touch...